And just a week later, the post ‘In the Blink of an eye’ wins the Gold Batom award for the first time, in the 32nd edition of the Blog-A-Ton! For more on the Blog-A-Ton, click here.
October 12, 2012
Elated to announce that the post Lasting Impressions was one of the three winning entries at the Indifiction Workshop; a workshop for interested fiction writers, where constructive criticism is the key and the intent is to help each other become better writers! For more on the Indifiction workshop, click here.
August 23, 2012
And it happens again! A dear reader of Kaleidoscope, a very helpful critic, someone whose comments I always look forward to not just for the encouragement and appreciation, but also for the pointers and constructive feedback that she offers – Jayashree S of JaishWrites, as she’s known throughout the blogosphere, feels I deserve to be nominated for the Liebster award, something I feel very honored about!!! So, without further ado, hoping that I do not appear pompous I’ll put it up on my very own Wall of Fame! Here goes!
Now, Jaish also does want me to state eleven things that I feel are required to have a happy and fulfilling life. These could be things, principles, rules, anything! Here’s my list, not necessarily in that order!
1. A passion. Any passion. Something that helps me look forward to the day, gives me a purpose, something that drives me insane crazy at times and yet at other times is the only way I can hold on to my sanity.
2. The courage to change the things I can, the serenity to accept the things I cannot and the wisdom to know the difference. Well, I cheated a little because that makes it three things, but it is one single prayer isn’t it?
3. Tolerance. Buckets of it! For those times, when even counting to ten becomes an impossible task!
4. Family. Includes blood, extended and friends!
5. Books. Whatever form they may be in. But they are an integral part of me! They are the mechanism by which you can have multiple personalities, tour the world at no cost (Okay, at a very meager price!), live lives one has only dreamed of, transport you across eras. Whoever said, they have only one life to live hasn’t heard of books (so said some famous personality).
6. Self-confidence. I might give up work every few years for reasons that might make total sense one day and seem silly the next, I might change my passions by the day, I might not even know what I want but there’s one thing that’s constant. That whatever’s humanely possible, if I want it and give it my heart and soul, I can do it. The day I lose that confidence, am done for!
7. Self-Respect and Dignity. In today’s world where crime is heavily rampant and respite hardly seems to be in sight, this is an absolutely necessity! I cannot be blamed for wanting this, can I?
8. My sleep. I have come to love those snoozes and those last precious five minutes, just before I really wake up! After all, this is the one which can transport you to the world of dreams!
9. An education. I know there a lot of people who would probably argue otherwise stating that life can be just as fruitful even without it as hundreds of examples around us prove, but then again this is my opinion isn’t it?
10. My beliefs. About anything and everything that exists under the big blue sky.
11. Last but not the least, how can I forget pani-puri? Put me on an island with a never ending plate of pani-puri (and a book!) and I’m all set! Well, don’t take it literally.
May 28, 2012
April 29, 2012
When I first started my blog it was simply a bunch of my scribblings put together. When I think back to those days, I feel ashamed that all I wrote was a post in a whole year. Yes, you heard it right. Then in 2007, Kaleidoscope went dormant for a while, or rather it just died. In 2011, it rose from the ashes again like a Phoenix and has been going strong ever since. I have penned down my musings on various topics, some fiction, some real life events, some humorous, some captivating and when I read those I do feel a little good about myself. Indiblogger exposed me to a whole new world of bloggers – an enthusiastic, chirpy, determined set of people confident in voicing their opinions and I made quite a few blogging friends. The reader base of Kaleidoscope also increased manifold. Close friends, fellow bloggers and readers leave comments, exchange perspective and help with some constructive feedback (identifying loopholes in fiction which is really helpful!) and I have to say, I am addicted to blogging. Indiblogger’s motto is “We blog, therefore we are.” I agree!
Needless to say, I am going to try and keep blogging as much as I can, for as long as I can and I wish you do the same too! Happy Blogging! To blogs, publications and much more!
Note: This is a work-in-progress post timed reverse chronologically.
I would love to hear your views!